Tuesday, September 10, 2013

The Uncertain Certainty

A group of friends sitting together were asking each other their DREAMS, something like what they want from life. They were four and three of them answered. The answers were quite impressive. The fourth one almost knew everyone's answer. It was her turn now. The three of them turned to her. She tried to divert the topic first, probably she didn't want to answer, probably she didn't know her dream, probably she never thought too much, though she knew that her happiness lies in really small things, day to day happenings : a good gesture from a friend, a healthy laughter, talking to someone after a long time, talking to her brother and on and on.... She always want these small good happenings to occur frequently. If you may call this a dream, then yes its a dream.

But she never mentioned the above disclosed thoughts of her. She said. "My dream is to start thinking for myself." Yeah she hardly thinks for herself. To utter astonishment in the previous days she was upset thinking that she's too selfless, that she doesn't have time for herself and this made her cry every night shedding tears on her pillow. This is really a petty issue, she would wonder sometimes. 

Probably her answer was inconvenient for her friends. They asked her again saying, "That is what we are asking.What do you want for yourself in life?" And again her answer was,"I would like to think for myself."
She wondered in mind, if she never gave time to herself , never thought for herself, how could she know what she wants from her life. Her dreams are probably hung up somewhere clipped or probably she's looking up for some key to open the room for her dreams. 

What could be the certainty in the two probabilities. Its uncertain she thinks.


6 comments:

  1. WOW!!!! I WONDER HOW VAST IMAGINATION CAN BE.......
    I WOULD NOT SAY MORE BUT WHATEVER I READ, I COULD FEEL EVERY WORD..... AND I COULD EXACTLY CONNECT MYSELF TO THAT FOURTH FRIEND'S THOUGHTS................

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It makes me glad that you could connect so well. Thanks a ton darling. :)
      Love

      Delete
  2. A nice read Tanmaya :D
    Love the title, very apt :D
    And you've been nominated for a liebster award
    http://talkinginmydream.blogspot.in/2013/10/its-liebster-award-tada.html
    Happy blogging :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot Harshini . It feels really great to be nominated for Liebster award from a great writer like you. But I guess currently I am just budding up . I need to write more, probably then I could stand up for this. But really thank you so much. That makes me to hold my pen more strong.
      All the best
      Love.

      Delete
  3. Tanmaya Kharyal madam

    Namaste. A beautiful and thoughtful message. Every person in his/her life always trying to run away with life by aiming big goals. But unfortunately most people are not succeed and only few people are succeed in the life like the fourth you mentioned above. Because getting money and aiming high are not only the ultimate things in life but also like as you mentioned your thoughts in the above for the representing 4th person like there are so many precious things in nature like sunrise, sunset etc. (these are only few) so many things and we can find joy in all these small things also.

    Tanmaya Kharyal madam an amazing post and i hope these thoughts coming from from the core of your heart. Tanmaya Kharyal madam great effort and please continue to share many more topics like this.

    Tanmaya Kharyal madam this is my Diwali message "Lamps of India" which i shared in my Heritage of India blog.

    http://indian-heritage-and-culture.blogspot.in/2013/09/lamps-of-india.html

    Tanmaya Kharyal madam please look into my Lamps of India message and share your valuable and inspirational comments.

    Tanmaya Kharyal madam i like your thoughts hence i am joining as a member to your blog and i hope you like my blog and join as a member to my Heritage of India blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Dokka Srinivasu sir for stopping by and appreciating my thoughts to such an extent.

      Delete